Saturday, May 9, 2009

Going Down Under! - Travel Dream Come True



I always wanted to go to Australia, specially Sydney. I have been longing to visit this beautiful city for many many years. Even I have not been there before, everytime I closed my eyes, I could illustrate the city in my mind. Starting from the LRT station nearby Chinatown, and a few steps away, there is Paddy Market, and Martin Place is always within walking distance, the Harbour Bridge will be not far away, there I could see the famous landmark of Sydney, that is Sydney Opera House. And nearby are Circular Quay, The Rock... ..... These are all in my mind, in my dream.


Sometimes it is funny, I dream of Sydney, and I admit that I dream of Sydney, I want to go to Sydney. But people always think I should go to China. I want to see the Sydney Opera House very much, but people think I prefer to climb the Great Wall at Beijing. Who cares? I am the one to plan for my own holiday, not others.


And yes, I always wanted to go to Australia, but the time was always not right. Maybe when the time is right, other things else will be wrong. I could not think too much but bought a ticket (I have no gut to buy only one-way ticket) and flied to Sydney.

Sydney, here I am coming! No words can describe when I saw the Opera House and Harbour Bridge with my own eyes. It was like kind of dream comes true. (No words can describe…because I don’t write good English :-p).


I was there for 3 weeks, and continued to Melbourne for another one week. I did not manage to go to Gold Coast, neither do I go to Ayer Rock. I was in Sydney, doing nothing, everyday took a MRT train to city center, sitting at Circular Quay, staring at the Opera House with blank mind. Relax…. no stress….no work hassle…. How I wish I could live this kind of life forever!

(Manly Scenic Walkway... guess if I finished the 10km journey?)

(Great Ocean Road - the 12 apsotles collapse one after one, remain only 9 at the moment. Make sure you visit them early before all dissapear from the sea.)

What kind of tour itinerary that I have planned for myself, spent a whole month in Australia, and only managed to visit Sydney and Melbourne. Maybe it is good for me to have an excuse to go down under again to visit Perth, Gold Coast, Adelaide, even Ayer Rock....! And maybe one day I feel bored again, I will do the same, doesn't matter one-way ticket, or returns ticket......


(I'll meet you under the clock)

(Queen Victoria Market)

(Sovereign Hill)

No comments:

Post a Comment