Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Escapade to Phuket!

Sun, sea, sand and girls!!! Phuket, my dream vacation escapade! Have been longing to this island which is so famous for having James Bond there long time ago and also island hopping to other smaller islands like Phi Phi Don Island and Phi Phi Ley Island. I also heard that there’s this beach called "Monkey Beach" where the monkeys rule!!! Better be bringing more bananas for them before they grab my everything… Yikes!!!

PYO Travel.com is offering affordable and interesting tours for everyone. So, wait no more! I wanted to book my tickets online for my trip to Phuket. I was surprised that they have so many options to choose from. Anyhow, heard from my friend the 4-days trip is just nice… Actually I was struggling on which tour package to choose – James Bond Island or Phi Phi Island? (or both?)

I did some research on the Net and found out that both of these island have their own attractions!

Option 1 : James Bond Island
I think most of us know why it’s called James Bond Island but for those who are wondering, let me show you why :

Can you see James Bond there? Haha! Actually the island was used as one of the shooting locations of the 1974 James Bond movie, “The Man with the Golden Gun”. Cool...!

Besides that, there is also this cave called “Tham Lod Cave” where we can see wonderful stalactites and stalagmites. There are so many different forms can be found. Some even formed beautiful shapes and sculptures on it.
Dolls ?
Elephant ?

Popcorn ? Care for a movie with me?According to PYO Travel.com, the fee to James Bond National Park only costs THB200 per person (equivalent to MYR22 only). Quite reasonable!

Option 2 : Phi Phi Island
What a cute name?! Got to know that Phi Phi Island is separated into two islands; one big, one small. The big one is called Phi Phi Don Island while the small one is called Phi Phi Ley Island. "Monkey Beach" can be found in Phi Phi Don Island. Don’t forget your bananas!!! (and peanuts too!)

The package from PYO Travel also offer free snorkeling session for us in Phi Phi Ley Island… The best part is that life jacket, mask and snorkels are included!!! Hurray!!!

Picturesque places like Lho Sa Mah Bay, Phi Leh Cove and Viking Cave presents beautiful sceneries where can be found in no other places.

Lho Sa Mah Bay

Phi Leh Cove

Viking Cave – Swallows’ favourite hang out place, which eventually is the best place for birds’ nest collection.
See! Told ‘ya it’s difficult to make up my mind on which island to go – James Bond Island? Or Phi Phi Island? Both sounds equally attractive, right?!

If you were me, which one would you choose? Feel free to drop by PYO Travel.com for more information and don’t forget to tell me your answers in the 'Comments' column.

No comments:

Post a Comment