Thursday, July 16, 2009

What About Melbourne?

Personally, Australia has always been one of my targeted destinations for travel. I am actually planning for a surprise trip for our next honeymoon there. I am undecided on which part of Australia to go to. Hmmm… could it be Gold Coast? Perth? Melbourne? I couldn't make up my mind 'coz every part has its own attractions and seems pretty tempting to me! I really hope you guys can help me. Anyone been to Australia, I need your advice. I've surfed the Net and found some interesting spots in Melbourne which are really interesting.

Did you know that there are actually penguins in Melbourne? I only got to know this lately. Gosh, what a shame?! (But hey, better late than never) There's this place called Phillip Island a.k.a. Penguin Island, where we can see the little birds at a close distance. I am really attracted to this and I’m sure my wife should be too! We both love cute little animals. So, I guess, the penguins might do the trick. Hehe…

(Original Photos by stowaway)

Another place which tempted me is the Great Ocean Road. I’m sure everyone would be wowed by the beautiful scenery of this place where we can witness the real art of nature. Huge lime stones erecting across the ocean bay, creates a magnificent spot for photography. Another interesting lime stone sculpture is the "London Bridge" of Port Campbell National Park. It is called "London Bridge" because of its shape. According to a website, at first, the "London Bridge" was connected creating two arches but in early 1990, one of the arches collapsed due to long-term erosions and leaving only one arch left now.

(Original Photos by atiiota & Joe Gattuso)

I also heard that the Queen Victoria Market is a place where you can get generally everything you want! That's great news for visitors like me 'coz I'm sure I would want to try out some local delicacies and get a bundle of souvenirs back for my friends. Fresh seafood, shellfish, vegetables, fruits, meat and other groceries are found there. If I were there, I think I would 'help' to boost up the economy of Melbourne by becoming a 'shopaholic' there! Hahaha… Gosh, what a sinful thought?!

(Original Photos by adambalic)

I am seriously considering Melbourne as my surprise honeymoon destination now. What do you think? Any takers? Furthermore, PYO Travel.com is offering some alluring packages which I can't say 'NO' to. Check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment