Thursday, July 9, 2009

Paris is Just A Stone Throw Away from London (Almost!)

Frankly speaking, I haven’t been to London or Paris before. But I have always been dreaming to visit these two places. To me, it would be a dream come true if I were to wander around the city of London and lazing under the blue sky of Paris.

Busy street in London City (Photo credit : Dimitry B)

Beautiful London at Night (Photo credit : Dimitry B)

London is always known as a busy city with breath-taking sceneries of building sculptures and architecture. If I were to be there, I am sure that my 2GB memory card would indicate “FULL” very quickly. I guess I’ll just have to grab a few more cards along just for the travel there.

A Fast Moving Double-Decker (Photo credit : E01)

I would not want to miss the red double-decker buses which have been the unofficial ‘mascot’ of London. Actually what I know is that some double-deckers are specially designated for tourists to hop in and bring them around the beautiful city and some famous attractions, similar to the ‘Hop-On Hop-Off’ buses in KL. That would be easy for first timers like me.

Big Ben (Photo credit : E01)

Another place I would love to drop by in London is the Royal Albert Hall. This is the place where my favourite Malaysian singer, Dato’ Siti Nurhaliza held her concert back in 2004. I would like to come here and sit down at a corner with my eyes closed, imagining myself in the concert while enjoying the performance on stage. Isn’t that great?!

Royal Albert Hall at Night (Photo credit : yisris)

The Entrance to Royal Albert Hall (Photo credit : Roberat)

With modern transportation nowadays, London and Paris are just 2 hours 15 minutes away from each other. Thanks to Eurostar! Grab a seat in the train and you’ll be in Paris, the city of art, fashion and romance in no time.

A Busy Eurostar Terminal (Photo credit : Jason Cartwright)

2hrs 15 mins from London to Paris with Eurostar Train (Photo credit : Jason Cartwright)

I’ve always dreamt of having a cup of ice-cream with my lovely wife at the peak of Eiffel Tower. Wouldn’t it be marvellous if only I could fulfill my dream? Other than that, I would not miss the Arc de Triomphe. It carries history from the World War I and is still proudly standing in Paris in remembrance of the fighters and warriors who had fought through the war.

Night View of Paris (Photo credit : Dimitry B)

The Ever Famous, Eiffel Tower (Photo credit : Al Ianni)

Paris is such a photogenic place that I am sure photography lovers, like me, would not stop taking photos of anything everywhere! Another 2GB is still not enough, and that’s for sure! This place is full of beautiful churches, chapels, monuments, arches, museums and other modern buildings which can easily take your breath away.

Arc de Triomphe (Photo credit : Dimitry B)

Inside a Mesmerizing Chapel (Photo credit : Dimitry B)

Well, dream no more. I’ve found out some interesting packages about London which are reasonable and affordable. Check them out yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment