Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Another Kind of Excitement in Wuling Farmstay

Whenever I hear the name, Taiwan, what I have in mind would be Taipei 101 Tower, Shilin Night Market, Jolin Tsai and Jay Chou. Haha! It’s such an auto-reflex that my instinct connects these items to the letters combination of T-A-I-W-A-N.

In my previous blog about Taiwan, I’ve talked about Taipei and its marvelous attractions. This time around, I would love to share about Wuling Farmstay. Hmmm… Things that appear in my mind when I hear the phrase, “Wuling Farmstay” are green forest, fresh fruits and wooden house. True enough, do expect a lot of greeneries!

Wuling is well-known for its mountainy and hilly landscape. Its cool weather and geographical landscape make it the best place for farming. Wuling is located relatively not far from Taipei city. However, it's got a completely different environment from the busy city of Taipei.

Wuling Farmstay gives you the opportunity to experience staying overnight in the natural environment, being surrounded by grass, flowers and trees. Fresh greeneries such as vegetables and fruits can be found easily here. Actually, if you’re lucky enough, during the fruits season, you can merely pick a ripening fresh fruit like plum, peach and apple from the trees and taste them. It’s the most effective way to shorten the time to market of those fruits!

Besides that, you might also stand a chance to witness wild life, roaming around the forest and trees. Animals like deers, mandarin ducks, butterflies and various species of birds welcome you to Wuling Farm. Colourful flowers such as roses, calla lilies, plum blossoms and pansies, bloom everywhere naturally. I suppose it is like watching your own private channel of National Geography, right in front of you. Isn’t that great?!

I’m sure most would be wondering what kind of rooms to stay in such a natural place? Well, they have hotels there just like any other hotels you can find in town or city area. Basic necessities are well-equipped there and if you want a different experience, try to set up a tent at their camping site, which I think is also another interesting activity to do with your friends and family. Do not worry. There are tents and other camping equipments ready for rental there. Hmmm… I’m thinking of a picnic or campfire at night.

I think a farmstay in Wuling would give you another kind of excitement. I’m pretty sure that you’d enjoy staying there, being surrounded by nature and fresh clean air. For me, I would love to keep myself away from the city buzz once awhile in Wuling.

Photos credit : Prince Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment