Monday, August 3, 2009

Food-Hunting in Macau

Gosh… food hunting in Macau was FUN! So many that we can eat there but the following three are the most famous ones in Macau. Not that I am exaggerating or something but they are simply irresistible.

1) Portuguese egg tarts

I think I've mentioned them in my previous post. But I'm definite that once you've tried one, you would want to put another one in your mouth right away. Simply marvelous! Smooth and soft egg custard surrounded by layers of fine thin crispy layered skin. Its skin and the egg custard blend well and with just one bite, it melts in no time.

2) Steamed Milk Pudding

For milk lovers – You can’t say NO to this bowl of tempting dessert. Try a bowl of steamed milk pudding and you'll fall in love... (once again). They even give you the option of serving them hot or cold. To me, I love BOTH! Its silky smooth texture and strong milky flavour give the 'magical' touch to this simple dish. For those who love something extra, you can try their ginger steamed milk pudding. This won't disappoint you as well.

For non milk lovers – No worries, have a bowl of their egg custard pudding. Gosh, I can't describe this in words, but the soft and smooth texture of the egg custard is something you can never find elsewhere. Taste – brilliant! Not too sweet. Ngam ngam hou! (Just nice in Cantonese) Every mouthful of the custard excites your taste buds. Reminds me of the colourful nutty chocolates – melt in your mouth, not in your hands!

3) Pork chop bun

Frankly speaking, I do not eat pork due to personal health reason. But, I can tell you how aromatic this big chunk of meat was when they were being sizzled on the pan. The whole shop was being "seasoned" with the aroma of the cooking meat. I assume it's a version of Macau's very own burger. A piece of finely marinated fried pork chop, served in between slices of buns. According to my "carnivorous" friends, they love the bun more than anything! Hmmm… I can tell it when by just looking at their face while they were taking a bite of the huge Macau burger.


Oh gosh! My stomach is growling already… Wait 'til I fly to Macau for lunch… Wanna join me? Well, get your travel packages with PYO Travel if you wish to have lunch with me in Macau. 'Til then, ciao!

Thanks Zoey & Poh Kuen for the unedited photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment